Wednesday, July 30

Older But Wiser

I'm sitting on the deck in the dark with my lap top. The mosquitoes are bitting, no make that feasting, on me. I should go in. I'm old enough to know better.

Ah, the rub. I'm also old enough to know that life not only comes at you fast, it keeps right on going and if you don't enjoy the moment, there's no guarantee it will come again.

I live in Wisconsin. Northern (very northern) Wisconsin. Warm July nights are to be treasured like a Queen's ransom.

The stars are coming out, the radio is playing "My Gal" and as it goes, I don't need no money, fortune or fame. At least not tonight.

Tomorrow will be a new day and a new story.

Spend your days with people who give you joy and do your best to give joy to the people you spend your days with. Never, never, never pass up an opportunity to tell your loved ones that you appreciate them - it could be your last chance to let them know.

No comments: